Thursday, September 11, 2008

Facing Challenge

First, let me recognize the day and add my rememberance and grief to those families who lost loved ones. Thank you for their sacrifice....

It has been a challenging week with Pete away. I am feeling very worn out and in need of some major encouragement! With Jules being sick for a few days, the poor babe was as grumpy as I have every seen her, which meant hours upon endless hours of crying and just plain unhappiness. It is the worst feeling to not be able to help make your baby feel better...And it has been a tough time for me not having ANY time to myself at all. I really am not trying to complain, I love spending every moment with my children, but even I need to shower here and there! We are awake and asleep at the same times and now Juliana won't even sit in front of the TV for a few minutes-she just wants to be where mama is!

In the midst of our chaotic week, we had a realtor open house yesterday where all Realtors in the area were invited to come and tour our home. I hope that it helps them to gear some of their customers our way! It was tough though, because on top of everything else going on, I spent a day and a half getting this house in top form. At least now, I think it will be easier to maintain for anyone wanting to see it.



I have also been feeling guilty about a lack of green living focus. I want it to be a top priority for me, and for our family, but I have so much work to do to get us there.
Yesterday I realized that I am a Zip lock bag junkie! And it occured to me that they are just as bad as the plastic supermarket bags that I have denounced and disowned from my life.


I scanned the Internet (with Jules on my lap) looking for a "Green" living/moms/blog/site/etc... web site for Columbia SC and came up with nothing....so I am thinking that when I move there I will start one.




I need to make this green living goal, more than ambition. I need to make it a journey, and more importantly, A WAY OF LIFE for us. For them:


Thanks for listening to my vent and I hope you are all doing well!
Love, Kate

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

you have a million balls in the air right now Kate, it's okay if a few hit the floor every now and then. You are doing an amazing job raising those babies. The pictures of the house look fabulous. You should be very proud of what you have been able to handle on your own. You able to do more at one time then most can. Take a deep breathe with me *sigh* smile. What's that quote...
"This too shall pass."

way to go super mom!