Friday, July 4, 2008

Feeling Independent


We were outside riding bikes yesterday, and Nate turns around and looks at the (humongous) handle on the back of his bike and says, "let's take that off, mama!" It is a little goofy looking, I think to myself. But I'm not ready to take it off. He's not ready to be without it, I reassure myself. He still needs my help every so often, doesn't he? He is getting so big! So Independent. Don't you love the book hanging out of the little back compartment. Of course, the book he has to bring everywhere with him has to be the one that is 24x18 long!
Happy Fourth of July everyone. Here is to the Independence our forefathers fought so hard for us to have! Today and all days, remember that that independence does not come for free. Stay involved in your community and government. And know that you're making a difference. It is our hope that our children learn to do the same.
Love, Kate

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

We have reached the time where Zane's training wheels will be coming off. I AM A WRECK!!! I feel your pain. Those darn kids just don't listen when we tell them to quite growing up so fast. Have a wonderful Independence Day Miss Kate.

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, give him some "independence!" I bet he can do it just fine. You could always put it back on. ;-)

I really enjoyed reading the last few entries and seeing the new photos. I miss you guys, especially the kids, so much.

Sure, we can take the kids for a couple days - we'll just have to figure out when. I probably can come to FL with you guys, but not Michael due to work. Anyway, it's expensive on the internet here, so I better go. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I think the big handle is pretty cute!