Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Library Fun

I just want to let all of know that no, I am not pregnant. Really. That was my husband's concern yesterday after reading my post. What is UP with the emotions, Kate?!! He was just kidding and was incredible supportive of my "moodiness." In fact, he sent me to bed early last night and stayed up to do the dishes from the awesome beer battered trout we had for dinner last night. So THANKS Pete! You are a great husband!!!!!

I am feeling much better today, but maybe that is because we actually got dressed to the tee and took a drive into town!!! It wasn't anything spectacular, just the grocery store and library, but the kids had a lot of fun at the library and we stayed long enough to get our fill. I even found a great cook book for the kids that I have been wanting to get for a while- Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. I know it might be well, deceptive, to sneak veggies into your children's food without them knowing, but gosh darn it, I'm desperate! I'll let you know how some of the recipes fair.

In Eco-friendly talk, I have decided not to buy any more paper towels and paper napkins. I will see how this works for a little while and have a good alternative planned. Amazingly enough, when we got married and had that incredible gift registry, we actually asked for nice cloth fabric napkins, you know, the kind we thought we would use for all those fantastic dinner parties we imagined ourselves throwing (that we now never have). Anyway, I have put them to use, yes, even for the kids. Nate loves them! In addition, I have begun cleaning with old baby burp cloths, cut up tee shirts and worn out washcloths. It's all working well so far! And once again, I think I will save a good bit of dollars not having to purchase those two products. Have you reduced your paper product use? If so, how? I'd love to hear!

Hope you're well!
Love Kate

No comments: