Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Era of Public Service


Sniffle...sniffle...uggg...Winter colds are making their way through our house, one slow bug at a time...so excuse my slow week here!

However, I can't let the week pass by without commenting on Tuesday's amazing political events. As I watched the torch of power passed from one President to another, I couldn't help but feel a strong sense of pride awaken in my otherwise frustrated and bitter views of our former administration. As I listened to President Obama's speech I heard ideas and goals that I haven't heard in a long time. His talk of "public service being a privilege," and restoring the White House to the "people's house," solidified my thoughts of him being more than a change for this country- it encouraged me to believe that our government will be working with the people once again, not behind closed doors. I discovered a re-vamped White House Web site too, one that is loaded with valuable information for all of us- including a new BLOG....Out with the technologically challenged and in with the technologically savvy!

I hope that all of you too, feel a tremendous sense of hope this week as our new President makes his first attempts at restoring the democracy and ideals our forefathers worked so hard to create.

Peace, Kate

No comments: