Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Southern Snow


Forgive my absence over the last few days, I have been spending time with my mother, visiting us after spending six weeks in Germany, and my sister, Krista, up from Savannah. How wonderful it has been to just sit, talk, remember and laugh. I am so thankful to have been able to spend so much time with so many people in my family over the last two months...


Yesterday afternoon the weather forecasters all appeared in a state of disbelief at the impending snow storm making it's way toward the Columbia South Carolina area. People watched in amazement as the forecasters warned of heavy snow, dangerous roads, and icy temperatures. We awoke this morning to hear of the cancellations of area school and government offices, and upon our first glance out the window saw that we had been absolutely inundated with snow...




Okay, just kidding! This Northener had a good chuckle over all the fuss!
All of my complaints over the last months of the out of season warm weather have been hushed today...what a joy to sit and watch the snow fall upon my yard and see my children's expressions as they touched cold, wet snow for the first time ever.


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Look at Nate! wow, all that snow.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome Kate! I am thrilled they got to experience SNOW. Happy to all
I wanted to give you this website. It's one of our Clients at The Change- you might enjoy

http://www.betterforbabies.com/